||Manager, Capital & Projects
|Little Ferry, NJ 07828
||August 15, 2022
|SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Manage continuous improvement efforts and other related projects in support of the Manufacturing Plant, Facility Operations and Research and Development
|MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage continuous improvement project pipeline
· Production support
· Small and medium capital project management
· Write & maintain standard operating procedures
- Accountable to assist in prioritizing, develop and implement all manufacturing process improvements as member of Process Improvement Team.
- Coordinate technical activities supporting any plant troubleshooting events.
- Ensure day-to-day technical (and related) support to plant operations.
- Accountable to provide all capital justifications & budget and for the execution of all equipment upgrades, new equipment, automation and other capital projects – on time and on budget.
- This position will work closely with the Manager, Capital & Projects, Plant Manager, Maintenance Manager, Quality, and EHS Managers to ensure seamless integration of any plant modifications, such that any new operating procedures or quality control procedures are reviewed and implemented properly.
- Work with and manage all outside contractors related to project activity including required safety training and safety performance.
Position reports to the Manager, Capital & Projects
- College graduate with a degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or applicable field.
- Minimum of 3- 6 years of experience in chemical manufacturing, preferably in catalyst or fine chemicals, or comparable experience.
- Good oral and written English communication skills
Strong knowledge of the facility and manufacturing machine operations – specifically pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and electrical understanding.
Ability to read and follow all specifications and procedures (comprehend mechanical and electrical blueprints and schematics).